On September 21, 1945, a group of American servicemen met in the Christian Service Center in Manila for a prayer meeting. It was in that meeting that the vision to put up an interdenominational Bible school was deeply felt. Chaplain Russell G. Honeywell and Mr. Carl Urspringer spearheaded the work and finally, on July 5, 1948 the school, which was then called Far Eastern Bible Institute and Seminary (FEBIAS), opened with 20 students.
Twenty years later, on December 3, 1968, the Board of Trustees voted to change the name Far Eastern Bible Institute and Seminary to FEBIAS College of Bible. The following year, FEBIAS became a Filipino corporation and began to operate under the permit of the then Bureau of Private Schools now Commission on Higher Education.
In July 1971, government recognition was granted on the four-year Bachelor of Arts program. Majors in Bible and Theology, Pastoral work, Missions, Christian Education and Church Music were the thrusts of the program.
In May 1972, Far Eastern Gospel Crusade (now SEND International) turned over the management of the college to the nationals. Dr. Gadiel Isidro, a 1954 alumnus, served as the first Filipino President (1972-1975). He was succeeded by Rev. Mike Lacanilao (1976-1982) and by Dr. Edilberto V. Banzuelo (1982-2007).
Having its strong foundation from the time it was started, FEBIAS College of Bible maintained its high academic standards and holistic training for future pastors, missionaries, Christian educators, music ministers and leaders.
Dr. Anacleto S. Carag now serves as the Director of FEBIAS College of Bible. It seeks to fulfill its commitment to ministry through college and graduate education, professional development and provide direction and facilities for theological, technical and practical research. Thus, equipping God’s servants to do the work of the ministry for the building up of the body of Christ.